Latest breaking news and announcements.

Moderator: ekyo

Majordomo Down! Pie Chart now 6/7

Postby Ashen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 am

Heroic Baleroc has been defeated!

I remember the torment.

Furydani PoV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_XgFgPgD90
Teletha (Assassination Rogue) PoV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KozUMhWDgs

So this was the first real grueling encounter we faced in Firelands and it took us four full nights of progression with a few attempts on other raid days to finish him off.

I can say first off that this is easily an encounter people will quote tiers down the road, given the tightness of the check and the brutality of the damage. Akin to Brutallus, Patchwerk, and Algalon (though arguably worse than all three), this is initially a pretty straight forward DPS race. But as is the case with limited gear, all guilds killing this right now are forced to make adjustments to their approach which includes downsizing on healers and tanks and also preparing to DPS the last ~10% of the boss after his 6 minute berserk.

We had lots of wipes initially to early tank deaths as our healers learned to cope and pace with the damage of the fight. Once they came up with a solid strategy and ironed out the tricks to handling their aspect of the fight, the rest of our wipes came down to execution with Torment, with the occasional tank gib still thrown in for fun. Hopefully Blizzard keeps this fight intact for awhile because as is his name, Baleroc is quite the gatekeeper.

I won't say that this is really a creative encounter, but it is a memorable one.

I'd also like to go ahead and thank Oldboltsides, Felessialol, Angelluz, Inoxiakek, Glowyrm, Shakyra, and Adoratrol for being G6 champs.

Ashen
WTF?

Re: Baleroc Down! Pie Chart now 5/7

Postby Vudani » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:27 am

I'M DUMPIN
Vudani
WTF?

Postby Jrak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:36 am

#Jrak??? wtf??
Jrak
forum is my home page

Postby Winkle » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:28 am

I signed up to the forums just to comment on your epic storyboard/pie-chart.

Now where's the MajorDomo piechart?

Also where's the stream gone? Schrei's stream is one of the best. I want to hear Ash and Ados cry at people on Rag. GL with him.
Winkle
nubsauce

Postby Schrei » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Majordomo was not worthy of a Pie Chart. It'd just be a circle, with "I GS'D THE WRONG PALADIN/I FORGOT TO DISPERSE/I GOT MELEED AFTER MY AD/OH WAS THAT MY TURN TO CD?"

Also, the stream is private for H Ragnaros for now. Other days it will be available, and maybe later on H Ragnaros will be available.
Schrei
super troll

Return to News & Announcements