Deci's UI

Post your UI hurr.

Deci's UI

Postby Deci » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 am

Before:

After:
After this I made my chat log smaller, moved the bars left, and put raid frames between bars and skada. I also sized down every xperl frame by about 7%. Still on the look out for a rune tracker I like.

And if you think it isn't a huge change WELL SHUT UP ITS BIG FOR ME. Last UI update over 3 years ago :rolleyes:
Last edited by Deci on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deci
semi troll

Re: Deci's UI

Postby Typheous » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:22 am

If you use WeakAuras, you can just make a rune thinger yourself; as fancy or simple as you want it to be.
Typheous
forum is my home page

Postby Missionary » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 pm

not in a raid environment, not apples to apples

would not bang
Missionary
nerd status

Postby Vudani » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm

I would suggest removing the extra stuff from your frames and making the bars bigger. You don't need a picture, level, class, sleep, pvp etc etc. Maybe a chat mod to have simpler design. I know you don't need obtrusive tabs of the things to the left of it.

Where are your raid timers?
Vudani
WTF?

Postby Riptides » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:01 pm

while its nice you may want to look into Elv ui its a pretty well put together package with most of what you would need and really easy to customize and move also gets ride of any silly things you may not need like your targets picture and your picture
Riptides
semi troll

Postby Deci » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Vudani wrote:I would suggest removing the extra stuff from your frames and making the bars bigger. You don't need a picture, level, class, sleep, pvp etc etc. Maybe a chat mod to have simpler design. I know you don't need obtrusive tabs of the things to the left of it.

Where are your raid timers?

Good idea on removing some of the random excess on my player and target frames (widened my bars a bit too). I'm keeping the portrait however, I like it too much, and do use it. I personally like the chat tabs and I've never had them in my way or distracting me, I could probably adjust the opacity so I don't see them except on mouse over. Suggestion is in for consideration. My raid timers are about 3 inches below 7oclock of my minimap, as the timers get closer they move just a little bit lower in that space between my frame and target.

edit: also caved in and put the black panel over the lower parts of my UI again (bars, chat, raid frames, skada), but lowered the opacity further. Some habits too strong.
Deci
semi troll

Postby Telethar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:04 am

Show us raid frames, boss timers, cast bars and focus if you can as well
Telethar
super troll

Postby Deci » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 am

Accepted for trial? :wub:

Anyway some things to note here for some reason no matter how I change that elite icon around the target will not seem to change or go away. I fixed this by simply moving target of target slightly further to the right to have it all displayed. The raid frames and that black line are making me OCD, I'll probably make a panel to fit it better. I'm not liking my frames front and center like I thought I would, I find it even harder to focus and it feels like much more of my screen is taken up... the important space! Center screen is prime real estate, I'm not sure about keeping my frames where they are. Lastly the shaman is my focus, I didn't catch Feng during a cast but I'll let you use your imagination (refer to focus cast bar).

This shit is still a work in progress, but I handle it, keep your suggestions coming.
Deci
semi troll

Postby Telethar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:49 am

I just meant no point making a thread if you're not going to have a picture we can look at/compare to

I was the same way for a while, I used to use top left for my player/target, but I moved it and I wouldn't go back.
Overall the UI is much much better, but you still have some room for improvement imo.

I'd consolidate the buffs probably

Figure that Elite icon thing out... everything is Elite and it's obnoxious there

I'm not sure about you, but I prefer a much more massive focus cast bar, and more in the center of my screen

Buttons are much better, but still unnecessary... Unless you need the CD you don't need to see the button. And I'd argue that you can get a better way to track CDs as well (I use ForteXorcist but there's a ton of options)

Grid would look much nicer than Blizzard frames
Omen? I personally don't like having recount up, I'd
Telethar
super troll

Return to User Interface and Addons